Thursday, October 11, 2007

Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs do it again?

Well the Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2008 RTW Show is behind us and now we're left to reflect on what we think of the new designs and fashions. To be honest, what I find amazing about fashion shows is how many celebrities make appearances. I know that celebs are huge designer fans, but it always makes me wonder how us regular, non-star-studded folk can manage to ever keep up.

Maybe we'll always be a little behind in fashion. Maybe we're okay with that.

Before I say anything further about Louis Vuitton handbags or Marc Jacobs handbags (of which I do have many opinions), I thought I would post a picture of this Scarlett Johansson's Louis Vuitton handbags advertisement, which I find absolutely stunning. Perhaps it will con you, as it has me, into buying and/or renting this glorious white Louis Vuitton handbag.



scarlett johansson louis vuitton designer handbag
It could be that I'm a sucker for classical advertising, or that I find Scarlett Johansson absolutely gorgeous in that "Old-Hollywood" sort of way, but this ad makes me want to go and buy that Louis Vuitton handbag... maybe many of them. How about you?

Back to the fashion show...

I don't have a million thoughts about the Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs new designer handbags, but I do have some. Namely, what sort of time machine did we just step out of and how can I rent the machine? Check out the bright colours and cute styles!


louis vuitton spring 2008 handbags
While I am absolutely in LOVE with the new styles, I think a lot of the reason I'm so smitten is tied to the fact that these designer handbags are fairly remniscient of past styles (namely the sixties and the eighties). Bright colours, funky patterns, retro images... this fashion show was screaming "TAKE ME BACK!" I have to smile at the pink and purple nylons these models are wearing as I remember thinking that coloured nylons were the best thing since sliced bread when I was 10. Ah, how history repeats itself.

It is also good to see larger bags back in style again as I'm the kind of person who is constantly lugging too much stuff and never enough room for it. Interestingly enough, I was on the train this morning heading into work and noticed that quite a few women (I'd say about 10 in my immediate view) were carrying Louis Vuitton handbags... not one, but two. Two designer handbags a person? This is saying something about the styles. Clearly ... a) we have too much stuff in our purses and b) the purses aren't big enough.


marc jacobs spongebob designer handbag
Marc Jacobs also made me smile with his SpongeBob designer handbag. I've always been a sucker for Spongebob and now I'll have to be searching around eBay to find this handbag for less.

4 commentaires :

low cost design hotels said...

Many people say that Jacob and vuitton did bad work, but as i said on purseblog too, it's creation, so let's talk creativity, but a creation is still a creation

Anonymous said...

Amazing designer bag blog :), I'm also very interested to have Louis Vuitton products. I want to buy new louis vuitton bags in new year. So i went through http://www.malibuvogue.com for online shopping. Now i need some more suggestions. Please help.

Paz123 said...

Good post!! Coach store provides many stylish handbags at reasonable price...It is my favorite store..Love it..:o)

Ninja Mum said...

One need not worry about the quality of replica purses
. There is no compromise done in the field of quality for the reduction of price. The replica purses have almost the same quality. No one can differentiate a Replica purses from an Original one by just looking at it.